Hello everyone! We hope you enjoy this, our first episode of the Texas Real Estate Bible Podcast.
Safety should always be consideration #1. Real estate agents are the victims of violent crime at a higher rate than the average population. In this episode, Kevin and Gil discuss some common sense strategies for safety and share some stories that illustrate those points.
- Keep in mind that when you’re meeting a new client, if that person is unknown to you, obviously you want to make a good first impression and win their business, but don’t forget you have to keep yourself safe.
- Open houses are a place where anyone could walk in at any time, and is a place w here agents are particularly vulnerable.
- Make sure when you enter a new home that you check where the exits are in case you need to use one in a hurry.
- Do NOT park in the driveway of a house you are showing/visiting. You could be accidentally (or purposefully) blocked in.
- Violence against real estate agents is more common than in other occupations. 18 agents die per year.
- It’s safest to take a separate car when showing homes to clients.
- If you are licensed to carry a firearm, we recommend that you have one on you at all times!